Sunday, March 1, 2009

WEC 39 Picks

Let me apologize quick, I'm just going to say who wins because I've been sick all weekend. I barely got that NBA column done. So I'm just going to post who wins because if I actually broke stuff down and all that good stuff I wouldn't be done by the time the fights start. So here are my WEC 39 picks



Welterweight Bout: Justin Haskins over Mike Pierce via decision

Lightweight Bout: Mike Budnik over John Franchi via submission (rear naked choke) in Round 2

Lightweight Bout: Alex Karalexis over Greg McIntrye via TKO in Round 1

Bantamweight Bout: Rafael Robello over Kenji Osawa via submission (arm bar) in Round 1

Welterweight Bout: John Hendricks over Alex Serdyukou via TKO in Round 3

Bantamweight Bout: Damacio Page over Marcos Galvao via KO in Round 1

Lightweight Bout: Danny Castillo over Phil Cardella via decision

Lightweight Bout: Marcus Hicks over Rob McCullough via decision

Featherweight Bout: Jose Aldo over Chris Mickle via KO in Round 1

Lightweight Bout: Bart Palaszewski over Ricardo Lamas via decision

Main Event, Featherweight Title Bout: Leonard Garcia over Mike Thomas Brown via TKO in Round 2 to become new WEC Featherweight Champion.

Fight of the Night: Bart Palaszewski vs. Ricardo Lamas
Knockout of the Night: Jose Aldo
Submission of the Night: Rafael Robello

Like I said sorry for no breakdowns or anything but I've like crap all weekend but I'm getting better and I'll be back next week with some kind of article and my UFC 96 picks. Have a good Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment